Using PDF files is one of the most convenient ways to make your documents permanent and viewable across different devices. With PDF, you can be sure that the recipient will be able to open or access your documents even without any word processing software such as MS Word or WPS. It’s also a good backup file for your presentations when you convert a PowerPoint file to PDF.
One of the best features of using PDF is its ability to be encrypted with a password. With this, you can be sure that your file will only be viewed by authorized persons and will avoid it from getting accessed by anyone else. However, the security feature, no matter how good it can be for safekeeping your documents, can also be a hassle at times.
About PDF’s Security Feature
With the help of online tools, you can add a protective measure to your files by adding a password. It’s a safe encryption feature wherein when a user opens the file, he will be required to input the password before accessing the document. However, some people find it a bit of a headache. So, if you want to unlock PDF files conveniently, you can use an online tool for that as well.
But before you do so, you have to make sure that you intend to remove the password because once you complete the process, it will immediately be accessible to other users as well — which means that they wouldn’t need to input the password anymore. It’s like it’s going to be a public file.
How to Unlock PDF files in 4 Steps
If you’re tired of repeatedly using a password when opening your PDF file, you can easily do so with the help of PDFBear. It’s an online tool platform where you can make changes such as editing the pages and modifying the settings of your PDF. All you need to do is to log in to their website and follow 4 simple steps. Before we begin with the process, make sure to have a copy of the password. You cannot proceed to unlock your file if you don’t have it.
Once you are already on the homepage of PDFBear, you can hover your mouse on Tools, which can be found on the top part of the page. Under PDF Security, click on the option that says Unlock PDF. Upon reaching this page, you can perform these steps:
- Get the secured PDF file on your computer by clicking on “Choose Files”, or you can also drag it to the rectangular space on the page.
- PDFBear will scan your document, and you will be asked to input the password. Again, without the password, you cannot proceed.
- Once the password is approved, click on the link that says “Unlock PDF”.
- PDFBear will decrypt your file and will prompt you to download it once it’s done.
Depending on the speed of your device and Internet connection, the overall process to unlock your file will only take about 1-2 minutes. It’s fast, convenient, and most especially free.
Additional Information to Remember
- PDFBear also understands that users nowadays are very diverse in terms of their devices. Gone are the days of one person is one device ratio. Most often, every person has multiple devices such as laptops, smartphones, and tablets. Because of this, DPFBear makes sure that you will be able to use all their service regardless of which device you are using. They are compatible with Windows, Mac, or Linux operating systems.
- In cases where files are encrypted with additional password security, you may not be able to unlock your PDF. But, you don’t need to worry because PDFBear has unlocked the majority of secured files uploaded on their site. If you are having problems unlocking the file, the first thing that you need to do is to make sure that you are using the correct password. Keep in mind as well that passwords are case sensitive.
Unlock PDF with no hassle with PDFBear
Say goodbye to the complex ways of unlocking a file. You do not need to go through the tedious steps of accessing your PDF settings to remove the password. With the help of PDFBear, you can remove the encryption on your PDF in as easy as four simple steps.
Visit their website today to learn more about the different PDF tools that they offer!